Hitachi Group's operations in Europe employ about 20,000 people in total. Taken together, these operations represent around 9.5% of Hitachi Group's global net sales.
Hitachi Europe Ltd.
Hitachi Europe Ltd employs over 400 people in 13 countries across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. We have 7 main business areas:
- power and semiconductor systems,
- information systems
- particle beam therapy systems
- digital media and consumer products
- industrial components and equipment
- procurement and sourcing
- smart cities
Our head office is in Maidenhead, UK, and we also operate research and development laboratories in London, Cambridge, Manchester, Copenhagen, Munich, Paris and Sophia-Antipolis.
Facts and Figures
- Founded: 1982
- Number of employees: over 400
*All figures refer to fiscal year 2015, ended March 31, 2016
Hitachi Group Companies in Europe
Hitachi Group in Europe comprises the European operations of Hitachi Group, the global technology firm. In fiscal 2015 (ended March 31, 2016) consolidated revenue totaled 951,100 million yen, 9.5% of total consolidated revenue of Hitachi group. With 194 legal entities and approximately 20,000 employees, Hitachi group in Europe is expanding its already significant presence in various sectors, including Rail Systems, IT Systems, Power Systems, Healthcare Systems, Industrial Products, Automotive Systems, Construction Machinery and High Functional Materials. Hitachi in Europe is committed to improving society through the development of technology.
Facts and Figures (Consolidated Results)
- Net sales: ¥951,100 million 9.5% of total net sales
- Number of group companies: 194
- Number of employees: approximately 20,000
* All figures refer to fiscal year 2015, ended March 31, 2016