Enacted on April 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2010
Representative Executive Officer and President
Hitachi, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi") shall define that personal information means information about individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound assigned to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also include the information that cannot identify individuals by itself, but can, as it easily can be verified with some other information.) In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristic, property, occupation or status.
This document, "About Personal Information Protection," establishes the Hitachi's procedures for handling personal information.
- In relation to Hitachi's main business activities for electrical machinery parts, information communication machinery parts, electronic parts manufacturing and the information service, Hitachi will collect and use personal information only to achieve each purpose. For more details of our business activities, please see our website about each division. When Hitachi requires a person to provide the personal information, Hitachi will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent.
- Execution of a contract concluded between Hitachi and a customer.
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products, and sending of information on events and new products.
- Execution of business, including system development, operation and maintenance, entrusted by customers.
- Delivery of various membership services.
- Affairs of stocks.
- Response to various inquiries from a customer.
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services.
- Provision of personal information to the group company in case of co-operation with them.
- Hitachi will not provide the personal information with a third party without first obtaining consent of the person, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which an entry handling personal information entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- Case in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise
- When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi is co-operating with the group companies, Hitachi may provide such group companies with personal information such as a name, workplace or home addresses, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. If this is the case, the personal information will be provided in print or electronic media. In addition, the person may request us to stop the provision of the personal information with the group companies.
We use the following type of Cookies on this website for the purposes set out here:
"Analytical Cookies" – Used to allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to this website and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps us to enhance the performance of this website, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily.
You can refuse to accept Cookies, or can use your web browser settings to control Cookies (including displaying a warning message when you receive a Cookie). For more details, please see the instructions of the web browser you are using.
However, please note that you may not be able to use all or some part(s) of our website properly if you choose to disable any or all Cookies.
A small text file that we put on your computer. If we use a Cookie in relation to your use of this website, our web server can, for example, track and record information about which pages in our web site your computer visits. It is not possible for us to identify you through the Cookies that we use, unless and until you enter personal information onto our web site.
When a person wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by Hitachi, or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the following procedures:
- Request to disclose personal information that a person submitted to a Hitachi's sales department.
- Please contact the relevant sales department.
- Request to disclose personal information that a person submitted through our web site.
- Please contact the department that manages the relevant web site.
- Request to disclose personal information in the event except the above (1) or (2).
- For the details of the request to disclose personal information, please see the following web site.
- Details of the request to disclose personal information and so on.
- Complaints for our personal information handling.
- Please fill in the requested items in the"Letter of Complaint for Personal Information Handling" (PDF file) and send it to the following address, or call us.
Information Security Department, Corporate Information Technology & Security Division, Hitachi, Ltd.
1-6-6 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8280
- * Office hours: 9:00 - 17:30, weekdays (excluding Saturday, Sunday and holidays)
Download Letter of Complaint:
- "Letter of Complaint for Personal Information Handling" (PDF file, 45kbytes)
- While most of Hitachi's services can be used without the personal information, please note that some services are only available with the submission of the personal information.
- Please note that Hitachi is not responsible for the security of personal information in any non-Hitachi web site whose link is included in the Hitachi's web site.
- If a person enters the personal information into the Hitachi's website, he or she is required to agree upon the provisions in this document, "About Personal Information Protection", otherwise you may not use our services (including response to inquiries). Also, if you are aged at 14 or younger, please enter the personal information with the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Our personal information protection policy shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- Hitachi may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
- If each Hitachi website has its own personal information policy, this policy shall supersede the provisions of any other policies in the Hitachi websites.
- If a person calls us, Hitachi may tape the call to ensure offering clearer answers.
If you have any questions about this web site ("About Personal Information Protection") except Section 5 (Request to Disclose Personal Information or Raising Complaints), please contact us using the following "Inquiry Form" or by mail or fax.
If you submit us any inquiries or opinions, we would like you to carefully read and agree on the terms stipulated in this document, otherwise please note that we may not answer the inquiry.
Any personal information you submit us will be deleted, as we answer your inquiry, and we will not hold it.
Contact by mail or fax
- Information Security Department, Corporate Information Technology & Security Division, Hitachi, Ltd.
1-6-6 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8280
If you contact us by mail or fax, please fill in the following items
and include in the sheet:
- Your inquiry (required)
- Your name (required)
- Organization (e.g. name of company or school)
- E-mail address (required)
- Postal code*
* If you do not have an email address, you are required to fill in all the items with "*"